Classic Glam for the Lunar New Year Holidays
This was the weekend Face of The Day that I posted about on Instagram (find me @makeup_box!) over the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday season.
After days of late nights, early mornings and endless junk food, my skin protested by breaking out in rashes around my cheeks, and I needed higher-coverage foundation AND powder foundation on top of it, to mask the patchiness and redness.
Here are some of the key items that helped save the day.
- Base: NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Fiji - this and Dior Nude are the 2 foundations I rely on to give me coverage while maintaining a radiant, skin-like finish.
- Concealer: Kosé Sekkisei Concealer 01 - yellow enough to cancel redness on spots, and it sets and stays put without looking dark under powder.
- Powder: Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Powder Foundation 764 - YESSSS, there is going to be a powder compact version of this mega-hit, for those who have oily skin but want some matte radiance to the skin. The coverage is high, so I actually use it to set foundation when I want extra coverage that doesn’t look like a lot of heavy powder. More about this soon!
- Blush: Chanel Joues Contraste 99 Rose Pétale - something pink and pretty but with some depth and tawniness so it sculpts at the same time. Enough sheen to add a glow but not so much that it emphasizes my rashes!!
- Red lipstick: Lime Crime Retrofuturist; a deep warm red with the slightest brown tint so it doesn’t go orange against the skin.
Other products used:
- Brow pencil: Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 pencil in Grey
- Undereye corrector: Shiseido Sheer Eyezone Corrector 303
- Black liquid liner: Givenchy Parad’eyes Liner 01
- Soft brown shadows: shades from the Narsissist eye palette
- Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black